Sunday, April 11, 2010

Why wait for the party to have cake?

It's a gorgeous Sunday morning. Started with a well recieved sleep in, followed by a hot cup of coffee. My parents will be up at some stage later today, so i'll be in a whizz trying to get the house looking a bit presentable ( yes, at 30+ I still feel the need to look organised for my parents). If I manage to get that done with time to spare I hope to get some cooking done in preparation for the rest of the week. Let's hope the time and inclination meet for that!

While I have a couple of moments spare, I thought I'd share a little idea from last year. My son was having a sleep over birthday with just a couple of his mates. Since he was turning 12, he was "too cool" for all the potential bells and whistles that come with the birthday parties of the younger kids. But I still wanted to add something a little special for him and his friends, so created these invitations that went down a treat.



How are these party invitations?? I'll explain.

Firstly I made some cupcakes and decorated them using edible images of my son, but you can obviously decorate in any way you choose.

Then I made up the invitations using the pictures of the kids to be invited. I printed then out and stuck them on to cupcake size cake boards. On the back of the cakeboards I stuck magnets so they could be stuck on the fridge at home and a reminder of the party.


Then I just placed the cake on top of the cake board and tied up using some clear cellophane paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment