Monday, April 12, 2010

Chocolate Fudge

Remember the condensed milk I made early last week? It got put to use today as I made a trial run of the chocolate fudge I plan to make for my friend's birthdays. My sister and my dad popped up in the afternoon who made the perfect guinea pigs. I've made fudge before, but never with home made condensed milk. I was worried it might go a bit grainy. Well worry not! Turned out great!



Chocolate Fudge

125gm Butter
375gm Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 tbsp Golden Syrup
1 cup Brown Sugar
85 gm Dark Chocolate.

Line a square cake tin with greaseproof paper.  Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat, then add condensed milk, sugar and syrup. Stir continuously until the sugar dissolves. Bring the mixture up to the boil, then reduce the heat and allow the mix to gentley boil until it reaches soft ball stage. I stirred the mix continuously at this stage for about 20 mins. The mixture will turn a beautiful golden colour at this stage and look like boiling mud. Remove from heat and then add the chocolate, stirring til smooth. Moving quickly, pour into your tin and leave to set in the fridge. Slice into squares and serve.

This is extremely rich, so you will only need a small square. Next time I make this I will add a couple of tbsp of Kaluha or Bailey's for a truely wicked indulgence.

No comments:

Post a Comment