Thursday, April 22, 2010

Daffodils

Ok..sorry I've been both lazy and time poor this week. So all virtual kicks up the butt are welcome!

In my last post I mentioned my thoughts on overcoming fear very briefly. I also mentioned the story of an old work collegue asking about my cakes. Crazy but true...I've had an old family friend also send me a message on Facebook asking if I could give her a price for doing cupcakes for her parent's 80th birthday party. I was incredibly flattered and found it incredibly well timed.

The theme is daffodils. I have no experience with sugar flowers, so that's my next challenge. I could just buy them from a cake decorating place, but why not learn a new skill? So I've used google for a tutorial, and found what I needed. Armed with my list, I've gathered my supplies and this morning I created these...


I'm pretty happy with my first attempt. Ask me how I feel about them after I've made 100 of them! I'm working on putting together a few different cupcake designs for the event. I'll keep you all posted.

Now I promise this was not meant to become a cupcake blog, despite the direction it has taken. So in other crafty news, I've almost finished a project I promised Kiltsnquilts I would blog about. Here's a very quick sneak peak



Please excuse the rubbish photograhy.

1 comment:

  1. Your shots would be ideal for the Mellow Yellow Monday Blog! Thanks for 'following'.

    ReplyDelete