Monday, April 5, 2010

Are you a Gunna or a Doer?

I have to confess, I err more to the side of "gunna". I am comfortable that it's a genetic predisposition thanks to my dad. I have so many collections all destined to become fabulous works of craft, yet most of them remain in containers largerly untouched, or worse, unopened! Here are a few of my collections of shame..

Here is the ingredients purchased to make glorious home made beauty products for myself and friends. I think I made one lip balm.


Here is my soap making ingredients. Unattempted so far.



Here I was planning to make my own recycled paper as beautiful gifts for my friends. I've owned this now for 9 years, still unused.


This crate has crafty bits and pieces all meant for creations at some point in time, but currently it just sits gathering dust in a cupboard.


This is my baking collection, now I can boast using this collection quite frequently, but the cookie cutters were purchased to make amazing iced biscuits for my friends at Halloween. Well, as you can guess by now, I didn't, so cross your fingers this year I get to them!



Now I've bared my dirty little secret, please tell me I'm not alone. I see so many gorgeous creations, get all inspired, then the inclination passes. My other terrible habit is great ideas at the last minute, leaving myself short of time to acheive them. Not this year!!

May is a crazy month for me. In the first 2 weeks of every year I have my son's bday, 2 best friends b'days, a special niece's bday, Mother's day and the annual Medieval Festival that my 3 closest friends and I have gone to now for over 10 years. Every year I know of this crazy time, but I never get organised enough to get everything I want done. So I'm starting now. I've got 4 weeks to get crafting! So today I'll be spending searching for the ways to use up elements of my collections!

Before I do leave, just to show I'm not completely hopeless at homemade gifts, here is what I managed to make one of my special friends last year for her bday. It's a ferrero rocher gift basket.


2 comments:

  1. I have my 'gunna' moments and my 'doer' moments Lol! I love the Ferrero Rocher gift basket, would you share how you did that please? Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks KiltsnQuilts. They truely are easy. I'll publish a how-to post for you shortly.

    ReplyDelete