Thursday, July 8, 2010

Back from the Abyss

That's how I feel in regards to my poor neglacted blog. So much has been happening, I've not got around to recording it here. Time or Inclination?? Probably both.

When I started this blog it was my intention to give myself a kick up the butt and get into the crafty jobs I have been prmosing myself to do now for well over 10 years. But, like most things, life has steered me into a direction that has me just a little excited. I've made it clear I love cupcakes. Turns out, alot of other people love MY cupcakes as well. This has been a huge compliment. After making the cupcakes for the fundraiser recently, I recieved so many positive reviews. I've also taken them to work which has always been with great praise.

So can I turn a passion into a career?? I don't know. I spent 10 years working in the food industry, and promised myself I would never work with food again. But here I am, comtemplating the idea of a business with food. Here's teh crazy thing, I don't consider cupcakes food...they're far more incredible to be labelled food. They're little parcels of devine joy! Seriously. Whenever I think of cupcakes it brings a smile to my face. And let's face it, it's hard to feel bad eating a cupcake. Even a crappy day is made better licking the frosting off a gorgeous cupcake, followed by that first great bite. I love seeing the delight of people when given a cupcake. Next time you see people around cupcakes, just watch, people almost always have a smile. That what I love the most about them. Little parcels of devine joy.

So as you can imagine, I love talking about my cupcakes. I'm sure everyone around me is sick of the topic, but I'm ok with that. They're my passion, and I make no apologies. But my passion is certainly being recognised. I've been getting requests for event which has been the most incredible compliment. I've been getting asked how much  charge, which is always the hurdle. The truth is I love making them and I love people eating my cakes. I'd be happy to do them for free! I don't have an answer for that question just yet.

I could go on for hours, but I won't. But I will share some cupcakes I've been designing for an event I've been asked to do. It's an 80th birthday. It's taken me weeks to get these together. I had "writer's block" in coming up with the ideas for these. But I'm really happy with them. I hope they really set off the table they'll be sitting on.





1 comment:

  1. They are divine!!

    It does sound like life is trying to steer you in a certain direction :-)

    ReplyDelete