Sunday, May 30, 2010

Naughty Corner

That's where I need to be sitting, I can't believe it's been so long since my last post. I can attest it's largely due to time rather than inclination. It's been a crazy month, largely due to work commitments. This is only my second day off in that time. So you can expect some baking to be done later today!

It's funny how so much can happen in such a short time. Most of it has been work related, and I won't bore you with those details. But my baking seems to be moving slowly in the direction of taking orders from people who like my work. This to me is the ultimate compliment. After pushing through my fear barrier of "what if people don't like my cakes?" I've embraced baking and I've been making cakes for every occasion. It's been met with such a positive response.

I've had training courses over the past week, these can be long days taking in information, so just to add some spark I took morning tea in on 2 of the days. Cupcakes and Apple Crumble slice. Some might call it sucking up, I don't care, I love baking, and love people enjoying my baking.

Here are a few of my more recent baking creations..






No comments:

Post a Comment